Who we are
The company KIRSTEN & CIA E.E. (hereafter the “Company”) belongs to the ALFRED KIRSTEN OHG Group of Companies in Germany. The ALFRED KIRSTEN OHG Group operates in 5 European countries.
Your own security
When you visit one of our points of sale (eg stores, websites, social media), we ask you to provide us with some information about you.
This information may include:
- Personal data such as name, address, email address, telephone number and other contact information. This data is collected when you purchase a product from our stores or when you first subscribe to our online services, e.g. when you do a market survey, comment on the social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube), participate in a contest, etc.
- Account information, such as username and other identifiers or credentials used to access your online services.
- IP address and cookies data.
Cases in which we ask you to provide us with your personal information:
- When you buy products in our stores or through our call center.
- When you request to receive updates about marketing promotions.
- When you participate in one of our competitions or when you complete one of our customer surveys.
- When making requests.
How we process your personal data
We process your personal data when we are going to conclude a contract with you or for specific purposes, including:
- process orders and payments for products and services you have purchased or for a refund.
- promotional actions on our products and services or services offered by our partners and which we believe may be of interest to you if we have received your consent to contact you.
We may use and process your personal data if you have given us your consent for the following:
- update when a product is available again
- to contact you via email or text message about our products and services, competitions, promotions or special events.
We may use and process your personal data where necessary on our legitimate interests as an enterprise for the following purposes:
- to provide support to our customers, to answer and communicate with you about your requests
- to answer questions, complaints, demands and comments
- to communicate with you about your orders, purchases or accounts
- to provide you with material of interest and to navigate our websites
- to be informed about promotions (on which we rely on your consent), e.g. tailor communications or send targeted messages through social networks and third-party platforms
- to conduct data analysis, including consumer research, trend analysis and economic analysis
- to help us understand more about you as a customer, the products and services you consume, the way you consume them and shop for them so that we can better serve you
- to work, evaluate and improve our activities, including developing new products and services, identifying sales efficiency, marketing and advertising efforts, analyzing and improving products, sales, promotions and e-commerce services and other technologies
- to comply with your requests regarding the exercise of your rights (for example, when you ask us not to contact you for marketing purposes, we will keep this file in the removal lists in order to be able to comply with your request)
- use or disclose personal information (for example, in relation to a public authority inquiry) where we have a legitimate right or duty
- to retain the right to communicate with you regarding past due either directly or through third party partners
- for the protection, detection and prevention of fraud and other criminal acts, claims and other obligations
- for network and information security, to take steps to protect your information from loss, damage, theft or unauthorized access.
Compliance with legal obligations
We may use your personal data to comply with our legal obligations, such as:
- to find you when you contact us
- to verify the accuracy of the data we hold for you
- to help a public authority, e.g. police.
For your own “benefit”
We will use your personal data for your own “benefit” for example:
- we may need to contact you if there is a potential risk to your safety from a product you have purchased or revoked.
- personalizing the experience of our visitors in our services over the internet
- providing content (including advertising) tailored to your interest and how you browse our services over the Internet
- the proper management of our business.
- We use this information to help diagnose technical problems and problems related to our services, manage online services, track users of our online services, target advertising, and gather demographic information about you. We use automated information to determine usage patterns and how we can tailor our services to better meet your needs.
- We may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we inform you when your data is being collected so that we can adapt our services to better meet your needs.
How we share your personal information
The Company may share personal information within the ALFRED KIRSTEN OHG Group. Members of the ALFRED KIRSTEN OHG group receiving this information may not use or disclose the information unless there is consent.
Our service providers
Other organizations and individuals
We may in some cases transfer your personal data to other organizations. For example:
- If we are asked, for example, by a public or regulatory authority such as the police or the ministry of labor, then we are bound by codes of conduct to transfer your personal data.
- We can share information with fraud prevention agencies to avoid such actions (eg Electronic Crime Prosecution)
- In response to requests from individuals (or their representatives) seeking to protect their legitimate rights or the rights of others.
International transfers of your personal data
From time to time we may transfer your personal data to suppliers or service providers established outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Your personal data will continue to be subject to appropriate safeguards provided by law. If we transfer information to our dealers or consultants outside the EEA, we will ensure that they are protected in the same way as in the EEA.
How we use your information to make automated decisions
Sometimes we use systems to make automated decisions based on personal information we have (or may collect from others) about you or your business. This helps us to ensure that our decisions are quick, fair, effective and correct, based on what we know.
When you subscribe to our clientele, we use the information you provide to us for a variety of reasons:
- let you know about our latest products, services or offers
- to contact you if we need to receive or provide additional information
- to check every so often that you are satisfied with our products and services.
We may use your personal information to send you marketing messages, if we have your consent or a specific reason. For example: to let us notify you of a recall of a product you have purchased. So, if you have consented to this, it can be done through a post, e-mail, text message or social media. We can also promote products or services with notifications and app ads. This is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information, even though we will always give you the opportunity to refuse marketing offers. We may ask you to confirm or update your personal information if you purchase new products or services in the future. We will also ask you to do so if there are changes in the law, regulation or structure of our business. We collect statistics on opening emails and clicks using industry technologies to help us keep track of and improve our online newsletters. You can unsubscribe from general mailshots at any time by clicking the subscription removal link at the bottom of any of our emails.
Please note that if you withdraw from receiving marketing messages from us, we may continue to communicate with you about your transactions, account, customer inquiries, and competitions that you may have expressed interest in.
Under the Law on the Protection of Individuals with regard to the Processing of Personal Data and on the Free Movement of Data you have the possibility to exercise the following rights:
- Access and Report: You have the right to obtain information about what data we have collected, for what purpose we have collected and for how long we will maintain it.
- Corrections: You have the right to ask us to correct any inaccurate information about you or to supplement additional information about you.
- Restrictions and Refusal of Processing: You have the right to ask us to restrict or exclude the processing of your personal data if you question the accuracy of the information we hold for you, if you realize that we are processing your data illegally or if you no longer want to receive promotional messages for our products and services.
- Portability: You have the right to ask us to transfer your personal data to another organization for you.
If you wish to exercise these rights, please contact us:
- By phone at +30 2310 553-033
- By sending an e-mail to: email@example.com
- By letter or by visiting our offices at: Dodekanisou 9, Pl. Dimokratias, TK 54626, Thessaloniki
Make sure you have all the necessary documents together with your application. Your request will be processed within 30 days of the date of receipt of the request, however this can be extended up to two months when a request is complex or numerous.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your data for as long as we have an active consent for the reasons given.
The Company has taken technical and organizational security measures to protect your personal information from loss, destruction and any unauthorized access by third parties.
Links to other sites
Our sites may contain links to other websites that are run by other organizations that we do not control. If you follow a link to a third-party site through our site, we encourage you to read their privacy statements.
We use social media tools such as Facebook, Google, YouTube, Instragram and Twitter. In this way, data can be retrieved. If you are connected to one of them, the network can map your visit to the site with the user account. If you are a social network user and you do not want to combine the data retrieved from your visit to our websites, you must first log out of your social network before logging in to them.
If you have a question or complaint about this policy or the way we handle your personal information, please contact us:
- By phone at +30 2310 553-033
- By sending an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By letter or by visiting our offices at: Dodekanisou 9, 54644, Pl. Republic of 54626, Thessaloniki
Changes in policy
We may review this policy by posting an update on our site or by contacting you by email. This policy has been reviewed on 25/05/2018.